I’m planning to grow the podcast more this year. Stay tuned and please send me some feedback or any ideas for guests and topics. A 5 star rating and review are greatly appreciated!
Ep. 45: Dr. Bronson Strickland – MSU Deer Lab – Southeast Whitetail
A pillar in whitetail conservation, Dr. Bronson Strickland, joins the show for a deep dive discussion into the breeding season. Dr. Strickland is a professor at MSU and a host of the Deer University Podcast. He graduated from UGA with a bachelor's in forest resources, master's from Texas A&M – Kingsville and a doctorate degree from MSU. I love these discussions on deer biology and behavior. Topics include: 1. Buck bedding habits. 2. How detrimental are prolonged breeding seasons (unbalanced sex ratios) to a bucks health and future antler development. 3. Fawns who hit a heat cycle……..pros & cons. 4. Receptive doe discussion…… 5. Buck movement in high density areas. 6. Doe group movement during the rut…..feeding habit changes? 7. Doe calls / sounds during breeding season. When and why. 8. Buck grunts / sounds…..how, when, why….. 9. Rattling….. Please follow Mississippi State University Deer Lab on all social channels. They publish incredibly resourceful data for hunters and landowners.
- Ep. 45: Dr. Bronson Strickland – MSU Deer Lab
- Ep. 44: Rut tactics, rattling bucks & this weeks deer camp
- Ep. 43: Gus & Matt from Whiskey & Whitetails
- Ep. 42: Deer Steward 2 Recap
- Ep. 41: Catch a Dream Foundation
- Ep. 40: Cuz Strickland
- Ep. 39: Bullets & Rifle Hunting w/ Norma Precision
- Ep. 38: Ben Westfall – National Deer Association
- Ep. 37: Jeff Lindsey – The Lindsey Way
- Ep. 36: Summer food plots & deer season prep w/ Cory Parker